Main applications of the in vitro culture of plants in Temporary Immersion Bioreactors. Cuban experiences.
Duration time: June 2 - 6, 2019, 40 hours
The official language of the course is Spanish
Price: $250.00 CUC (convertible current unit, see: http://www.bc.gob.cu/)
Date of arrival to Ciego de Ávila: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Departure date of Ciego de Ávila: Friday, June 7, 2019
Hosting Proposal: University Hotel
Laboratory: Plant cell and tissues culture
PhD. Oscar V. Concepción Laffitte, Centro de Bioplantas.
To register contact the coordinator.
PhD. Marcos Daquinta Gradaille
PhD. Romelio Rodríguez Sánchez
PhD. Aurora Pérez Martínez
PhD. Lourdes Yabor Cabrera
MSc. Dayton Hernández Tamayo
MSc. Lelurlys Nápoles Borrero
MSc. Mariela Cid Ruíz
Bsc. Iván Andújar Martínez
Objectives to reach
• Develop skills in the assembly and management of the technique of in vitro culture by temporary immersion.
• Know the main factors that must be evaluated to establish a propagation protocol with the use of temporary immersion.
• Know about the use of the technique in different crops.
• Interpret the main ecological and physiological processes associated with in vitro transit - ex vitro that affect the quality of plants.
• Develop knowledge about the technological aspects of BIT® and skills in the parameterization of the automaton for its operation.
• Learn about other potentials and applications of the BIT® for Plant Biotechnology based on the experiences of the Center for Bioplants and other Cuban institutions.
Cultivation in temporary immersion. Principles and generalities. Main factors involved in the biological efficiency of the crop in temporary immersion. Types of bioreactors. Operation of the BIT®. SmartBIT®, 4th generation bioreactor. Bases of semi-automation. Parameterization of the BIT®. Main factors that affect the crop in BIT®. Examples of massive propagation of different crops in temporary immersion. Ecological, Biochemical and Physiological Bases of the plants cultivated in the BIT® and their transit to the ex-VITRO environment. Acclimatization of the plants. Other applications of BIT®. Production of bioactive substances. Abiotic stress evaluation.
The course includes the development of general theoretical talks about the contents and exchange with the participants about their research. In the same way in the stage laboratory practices will be developed that will allow him to acquire manual skills and to deepen in the different subjects. The course will culminate with the presentation of a proposal to use the technique of temporary immersion in student research in the form of a seminar.